Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Angst

And now, for a truly chilling experience, I give you the most overblown, questionably written and self-pitying entry I was able to write.

I call this piece "EXISTENTIAL ANGST". I hope you don't enjoy it.

"Nobody understands me. I am all alone in a harsh, unforgiving landscape, filled with nothing but the speculations about the nature of both men and evil. Why am I the one who is burdened by the somber glow of morality, questioning the very nature of my short life, tragic and filled with regrets.

I look at the very fabric of my existence, even while the seconds tick away, ever hastening towards the hour of my demise. Shouldering this knowledge is more than I can bear! My life, my love, my understanding. All disappear within the comforting embrace of sleep. Oh, how I loathe the hour of awakening!

From whence came we? How come all other men, sheep all but a few, don't recognize my torture? Why do they not know the pain I bear? My dearest one. Although I don't know you, I know your soul. I know that we are destined one day to become as one. I know that you laugh now at me, but I also know that deep down in your poetic soul you know me for what I really am.

Somebody who should grow up a little and stop feeling sorry for himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home