Monday, September 05, 2005

Sharing the niiiight together...ah-yeah...all riiight

So I'm driving along right? Listening to the radio, as one occasionally does. This old standard starts playing, "Sharing the night together" by Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show.

I must have heard this song a million times in my life, but it was only at that moment that I realized for the first time, just how fucking creepy that song really is.

"You're looking kinda lonely girl
Would you like someone new to talk to
Ah-yeh, alright
I'm feeling kinda lonely too
If you don't mind can I sit down here beside you
Ah-yeah, alright
If I seem to come on too strong
I hope that you will understand
I say these things 'cause I'd like to know
If you're as lonely as I am and if you mind

Sharing the night together
Oh-yeah, sharing the night together
Oh-yeah, sharing the night

STALKER MUCH??

This pervert walks up to strange women he has never seen in his life, sits beside them, and asks them if they would like to go home and copulate with him.

And this song is considered ROMANTIC? My notions of romance and proper behavior are obviously out of date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home